Hi, I’m Louis. I’m the CEO and founder of Recoolit. We are trying to prevent 1 billion tons of CO2e emissions from superpotent refrigerants, starting in Indonesia.
To learn more:
In the past I:
- lived in San Francisco, working at early-stage startups applying machine learning to challenges in healthcare and financial inclusion
- used behavioral economics to improve government and NGO policies and programs
- studied economics at the University of Chicago.
What’s with the name?
Capillary action is the process by which a liquid diffuses through a series of small tubes (“capillaries”), moving as though of its own accord and often against gravity.
In your body, it’s how blood gets from veins and arteries through the much smaller capillaries into your cells. If you’ve ever dipped the corner of a paper towel into some coffee, you can see it at work as well.
Ideas too seem to spread of their own volition through innumerable tiny channels until they suffuse the whole medium.
There was also a band with the same name, but I am not affiliated with them.
- Tell me if you had a strong reaction, positive or negative, to something I wrote.
- Ask me a favor – I’ll gladly help if I can.
- Tell me what you’re working on and why you’re passionate about it.
- Ask for advice.
- Send or request reading suggestions.
If you spot typos, broken links, etc, please let me know! In particular, some of the content is migrated from an older Wordpress version of this blog, so older posts may have formatting errors or worse.
Some of the links on my site are through Amazon’s Affiliates Program. If you make a purchase on Amazon through a link on this site, I receive a small commission. (The book does not cost you any extra.) I set this up in 2013 because I thought it would be cool, but I’ve made about $15 lifetime from the program.
The voluntary carbon market has a problem with supporting innovation. Here's one idea to fix it.
A new protocol for social media has been proposed; some quick technical feedback.
What I’ve been reading and watching lately. A pretty good haul these last few months.
You can get by without cash, until the taxman comes calling. And a network of relationships can provide stability within its domain, but leave you fragile elsewhere.
An overly-analytical approach to some common business wisdom.